Risotto is one of my go to recipes when it comes to having guests over. Firstly, people with a gluten intolerance can eat it and it can easily be made vegetarian. It is also one of Archer’s favourite meals so I will make this in a big batch and freeze it. I call this not too naughty risotto because its full of green veggies and we use greek yoghurt to make it creamy!
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 x onion finely chopped
- 1x teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 x cup risotto
- 1 x tablespoon of thyme (can be left out if you don’t have on hand)
- 1 x lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 x zucchini diced
- 1 x cup of frozen peas
- 1 x cup of spinach roughly chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons of greek yoghurt (Naughty option use creme fraiche instead)
- Melt butter on a low heat and the add onion and cook until soft (5-8 minutes). It is important not to burn the onion as this can discolour the risotto.
- Once the onion is soft, add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the risotto and mix well with the onion and garlic.
- Add one ladle of vegetable stock, the lemon juice and thyme.
- When nearly all the stock is dissolved add another ladle of stock and continue to do so until the rice is tender. When you add the third ladle of stock also add the zucchini.
- While the risotto continues to cook put the peas in a bowl with two cups of boiling water for five minutes and then remove the water.
- When the risotto is tender season with salt and pepper and add the lemon zest, peas, cup of spinach and greek yoghurt.
- Top with parmesan to serve.